What We Need
We're looking for a determined and enthusiastic Simulation Developer to join our ever-growing team. In this role, you will be able to utilize your simulation background in both intellectually interesting and commercially viable ways to advance our overall vision of bringing physical clothing experiences to the digital space.
Each day at Avametric is different with new and exciting opportunities to build and innovate, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Devising and developing state-of-the-art simulation code for cloth and deformable objects
- Exploring mathematical theory and numerical methods for advanced cloth simulation challenges
- Bolstering and maintaining toolchains for graphics and 3D content applications
- Coaching internal and external partners in their use of simulation systems
- Establishing and expanding documentation for complex software systems for both internal and external users
- Collaborating with our internal production artist teams and external users to define needs and requirements and translate them into actionable software engineering tasks.
Who You Are
You seek to affect change both within our teams and for the fashion and retail industry and utilize your skills in bold and interesting ways.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you...
- Derive value from scientific discussion and finding practical applications for research
- Enjoy tackling projects, not only head-on, but from all sides
- Delight in solving problems collaboratively
- Are intrigued by work at all levels from building strategy to hands-on execution
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Have a positive outlook, are self-motivated, and take initiative
- Graduate degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field
- 3+ years in computer-based physical simulation professional work or research, including cloth, deformable solids, or fluids
- Linear Algebra & Vector Calculus
- Non-Linear Solvers
- Multithreaded Computation
In a perfect world...
- Computational Geometry
- OpenGL, OpenMP, Boost, MPI, SSE & AVX vectorization
Who We Are
Avametric is a privately-held AR and simulation company working to revolutionize the fashion and retail industries. We were founded in 2012 and centrally located in the thriving San Francisco neighborhood of SOMA. Our software platform provides automated content creation for brands, retail & e-commerce sales tools, and increased efficiency in garment design & development. By working on both enterprise-facing tools for design and consumer-facing tools for virtual fitting rooms, we are excited to transform visualization experiences in fashion and bring traditionally physical experiences to the virtual space.
We are proudly backed and supported by our lead investors at Khosla Ventures and, together, we look forward to changing the way people shop and design clothing globally.