What We Need
We are looking for an ambitious and agile garment pattern maker or graphic or fashion designer to join our ever-growing team as a Production Artist. Our team of production artists utilize our proprietary 3D tools software to create accurate and photoreal 3D digital garments, an integral part of advancing our overall vision of bringing physical clothing experiences to the digital space.
Each day at Avametric is different with new and exciting opportunities to build and innovate, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Becoming an expert or power user of our proprietary 3D tools software
- Building digital flat panel layouts from physical garments using our software
- Crafting digital cloth simulations that accurately represent garment weight, shape, and drape using our software
- Constructing photorealistic renders of digital garments use image editing software and our 3D tools software
- Communicating bugs, potential new features, and growth opportunities to our 3D tools development team
Who You Are
You seek to affect change both within our teams and for the fashion and retail industry and utilize your skills in bold and interesting ways.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you...
- Seek out opportunities to learn and are adept at picking up new skills
- Are patient, solutions-oriented, and delight in creative problem-solving
- Enjoy tackling projects, not only head-on, but from all sides
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Have a positive outlook, are self-motivated, and take initiative
- Experience or education in graphic design, fashion design or merchandising, or pattern making
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
In a perfect world...
- Experience with Autodesk Maya, 3D modeling, or rendering
- Familiarity with 3D Computer Graphics
- CAD skills
- Fashion Industry Experience
Who We Are
Avametric is a privately-held AR and simulation company working to revolutionize the fashion and retail industries. We were founded in 2012 and centrally located in the thriving San Francisco neighborhood of SOMA. Our software platform provides automated content creation for brands, retail & e-commerce sales tools, and increased efficiency in garment design & development. By working on both enterprise-facing tools for design and consumer-facing tools for virtual fitting rooms, we are excited to transform visualization experiences in fashion and bring traditionally physical experiences to the virtual space.
We are proudly backed and supported by our lead investors at Khosla Ventures and, together, we look forward to changing the way people shop and design clothing globally.