Avametric is excited to offer internship opportunities to ambitious and talented students interested in the industry-leading work we’re doing. These opportunities are perfect for you if you…
- Derive value from scientific discussion and finding practical applications for research
- Enjoy tackling projects, not only head-on, but from all sides
- Delight in solving problems collaboratively
- Are intrigued by work at all levels from building strategy to hands-on execution
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Have a positive outlook, are self-motivated, and take initiative
Computer Graphics & Vision Research
Objective: To automatically capture the visual properties of cloth
Timeline: 3-4 months
During this internship, you would be responsible for building a software prototype of a lighting and capture setup that can automatically capture complex BRDFs (bidirectional reflectance distribution functions). If the results are promising, you will have the opportunity to build a hardware prototype. There will be potential opportunities to explore machine learning during this internship This is an incredible opportunity if you are interested in problem-solving, owning a project end-to-end with guidance and mentorship of our industry-leading team, and the exciting intersection of computer graphics and computer vision.
Pursuing a graduate degree in a field related to computer graphics or computer vision
Proficient in C++, Python, or Matlab
Proficient in linear algebra
Objective: To improve the infrastructure of our internal technology workflow
Timeline: 3-4 months
During this internship, you would integrate yourself into our current technology workflow and make recommendations to improve our existing infrastructure.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to get real-life work experience in a product and solutions-oriented environment and are excited by the idea of investigating and advising on our infrastructure with guidance and mentorship of our industry-leading team.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or a related field
- Able to code in Python and write shell scripts
- Can quickly deploy databases and other cloud services
- Knowledge of Linux & Mac package management
- Comfortable with common coding paradigms and design patterns
Objective: To continuously improve our simulation engine for use in both enterprise and consumer products
During this internship, you would work within our simulation development team to bring products based off of physical simulation research to life. This is a perfect opportunity if you are looking to dip your toe into product-oriented simulation development and gain real-life work experience outside of a lab.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in physical simulation including cloth, deformable solids, or fluids
- Proficient in C++, Linear Algebra & Vector Calculus, and Non-Linear Solvers