Graphics engine engineer
What We Need
We are looking for an experienced Graphics Engine Engineer to join our ever-growing team in building future generations of our simulation engine and drive it forward to production. You will integrate yourself into our current workflows, then help us optimize and improve them to craft stunning visual cloth simulations and advance our overall vision of bringing physical clothing experiences to the digital space.
Each day at Avametric is different with new and exciting opportunities to build and innovate, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Building and maintaining production-quality C++ and Python code
- Owning end-to-end cutting-edge graphics features and the tools to build them
- Collaborating with content teams on feature design and implementation approaches
- Sustaining and progressing both existing and next-generation systems
- Ideating on what the next big thing for our cloth simulation engine will be
Who You Are
You seek to affect change both within our teams and for the fashion and retail industry and utilize your skills in bold and interesting ways.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you...
- Derive value from scientific discussion and finding practical applications for research
- Enjoy tackling projects, not only head-on, but from all sides
- Delight in solving problems collaboratively
- Are intrigued by work at all levels from building strategy to hands-on execution
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Have a positive outlook, are self-motivated, and take initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar fields
- 4+ years of professional experience as an engineer in game engine development or real-time computer graphics
- Trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, computational geometry, and other advanced maths
In a perfect world...
- Multi-platform software development
- Experience writing simulation components (cloth, physics, collisions, triangulation)
- AR/VR experience
Who We Are
Avametric is a privately-held AR and simulation company working to revolutionize the fashion and retail industries. We were founded in 2012 and centrally located in the thriving San Francisco neighborhood of SOMA. Our software platform provides automated content creation for brands, retail & e-commerce sales tools, and increased efficiency in garment design & development. By working on both enterprise-facing tools for design and consumer-facing tools for virtual fitting rooms, we are excited to transform visualization experiences in fashion and bring traditionally physical experiences to the virtual space.
We are proudly backed and supported by our lead investors at Khosla Ventures and, together, we look forward to changing the way people shop and design clothing globally.