Graphics engine engineer
What We Need
We are looking for an experienced Graphics Engine Engineer to join our ever-growing team in building future generations of our simulation engine and drive it forward to production. You will integrate yourself into our current workflows, then help us optimize and improve them to craft stunning visual cloth simulations and advance our overall vision of bringing physical clothing experiences to the digital space.
Each day at Avametric is different with new and exciting opportunities to build and innovate, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Building and maintaining production-quality C++ and Python code
- Owning end-to-end cutting-edge graphics features and the tools to build them
- Collaborating with content teams on feature design and implementation approaches
- Sustaining and progressing both existing and next-generation systems
- Ideating on what the next big thing for our cloth simulation engine will be
Who You Are
You seek to affect change both within our teams and for the fashion and retail industry and utilize your skills in bold and interesting ways.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you...
- Enjoy a research-driven environment
- Delight in solving problems through code
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Be self-motivated and takes initiative
- Have a positive outlook and solutions-minded nature
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar fields
- 4+ years of professional experience as an engineer in game engine development or real-time computer graphics
- Trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, computational geometry, and other advanced maths
In a perfect world...
- Multi-platform software development
- Experience writing simulation components (cloth, physics, collisions, triangulation)
- AR/VR experience
Who We Are
Avametric is a privately-held AR fashion and retail technology company founded in 2012 and based in the thriving San Francisco neighborhood of SOMA. Our software platform provides automated content creation for brands, retail & e-commerce sales tools, and increased efficiency in garment design & development. We are proudly backed and supported by our lead investors at Khosla Ventures and, together, we look forward to changing the way people shop and design clothing globally.