Front end engineer
What We Need
We are looking for a forward-looking front-end web developer to join our ever-growing team to build and advance our consumer-facing web software product. You will define and refine our brand partner web widget and translate design requirements into engaging experiences to advance our overall vision of bringing physical clothing experiences to the digital space.
Each day at Avametric is different with new and exciting opportunities to build and innovate, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Prototyping, building, and improving web graphics applications for fashion brand partners
- Crafting new features and maintaining existing code bases
- Ensuring the best possible performance quality of our consumer-facing web product
- Working with Product Management and UX to define user experience and interface specifications
Who You Are
You seek to affect change both within our teams and for the fashion and retail industry and utilize your skills in bold and interesting ways.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you...
- Are intrigued by work at all levels from building strategy to hands-on execution
- Are patient, solutions-oriented, and delight in creative problem-solving
- Enjoy tackling projects, not only head-on, but from all sides
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Have a positive outlook, are self-motivated, and take initiative
- Delight in solving problems collaboratively
- 3+ years of professional front end web experience building and deploying web software applications
- Ease and familiarity working with designers
- Modern web dev tools (npm, webpack, etc)
- Ruby on Rails
In a perfect world...
- Progressive Web Apps
- Native mobile app development
- Retail or Fashion Experience
Who We Are
Avametric is a privately-held AR and simulation company working to revolutionize the fashion and retail industries. We were founded in 2012 and centrally located in the thriving San Francisco neighborhood of SOMA. Our software platform provides automated content creation for brands, retail & e-commerce sales tools, and increased efficiency in garment design & development. By working on both enterprise-facing tools for design and consumer-facing tools for virtual fitting rooms, we are excited to transform visualization experiences in fashion and bring traditionally physical experiences to the virtual space.
We are proudly backed and supported by our lead investors at Khosla Ventures and, together, we look forward to changing the way people shop and design clothing globally.