COMPUTER VISION ENGINEER
What We Need
We are looking for an ambitious computer vision engineer with a background in machine learning and computer graphics to join our ever-growing team and lead development of our image-based body capture pipeline. You will spearhead the creation of a computer vision system that estimates a user’s unique body geometry and measurements and connects that data to our apparel visualization system.
Each day at Avametric is different with new and exciting opportunities to build and innovate, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Owning the computer vision project from strategy and planning to development and execution
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure that the system is able to integrate into all other parts of our technology
- Iterating continuously to ensure our pipeline systems are efficient, effective, and scalable
- Contributing to strategy and consideration of texture and fabric capture pipelines
Who You Are
You seek to affect change both within our teams and for the fashion and retail industry and utilize your skills in bold and interesting ways.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you...
- Derive value from scientific discussion and finding practical applications for research
- Enjoy tackling projects, not only head-on, but from all sides
- Delight in solving problems collaboratively
- Are intrigued by work at all levels from building strategy to hands-on execution
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Have a positive outlook, are self-motivated, and take initiative
- Graduate degree in Computer Science
- Experience releasing products using machine learning or deep learning for computer vision
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- CG and mesh processing algorithms
In a perfect world...
- Numerical methods & optimization
- Low-level code optimization or GPU programming
- AR/VR experience
Who We Are
Avametric is a privately-held AR and simulation company working to revolutionize the fashion and retail industries. We were founded in 2012 and centrally located in the thriving San Francisco neighborhood of SOMA. Our software platform provides automated content creation for brands, retail & e-commerce sales tools, and increased efficiency in garment design & development. By working on both enterprise-facing tools for design and consumer-facing tools for virtual fitting rooms, we are excited to transform visualization experiences in fashion and bring traditionally physical experiences to the virtual space.
We are proudly backed and supported by our lead investors at Khosla Ventures and, together, we look forward to changing the way people shop and design clothing globally.