BODY modeling API Engineer
What We Need
We are looking for an ambitious software engineer with a background in 3D modeling, rigging, and animation of parametric human bodies to join our ever-growing team in evolving and refining the body model creation pipeline. You will integrate yourself into our current workflows and tools, then help us optimize and improve them to be stable, efficient, and scalable.
Each day at Avametric is different with new and exciting opportunities to build and innovate, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Owning production-quality C++ and Python code for our virtual fitting applications from design to implementation and testing to sustaining and documentation
- Optimizing existing tools and workflows and establishing new ones
- Building internally-facing CG content creation tools
- Developing features for virtual avatar tool content creation
- Ideating new potential methods of user input and adjustment
Who You Are
You seek to affect change both within our teams and for the fashion and retail industry and utilize your skills in bold and interesting ways.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you...
- Derive value from scientific discussion and finding practical applications for research
- Enjoy tackling projects, not only head-on, but from all sides
- Delight in solving problems collaboratively
- Are intrigued by work at all levels from building strategy to hands-on execution
- Communicate proactively and effectively
- Have a positive outlook, are self-motivated, and take initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar fields
- 2+ years developing computer graphics tools, including multiple content creation tools and APIs used by other programmers and artists
- Character animation (skinning, rigging, inverse kinematics, and retargeting)
- The mathematics of PCA and basic optimization schemes
In a perfect world...
- CG and mesh processing algorithms
- Machine learning or computer vision
- Numerical methods or optimization
- VFX or video game experience
- AR/VR experience
Who We Are
Avametric is a privately-held AR and simulation company working to revolutionize the fashion and retail industries. We were founded in 2012 and centrally located in the thriving San Francisco neighborhood of SOMA. Our software platform provides automated content creation for brands, retail & e-commerce sales tools, and increased efficiency in garment design & development. By working on both enterprise-facing tools for design and consumer-facing tools for virtual fitting rooms, we are excited to transform visualization experiences in fashion and bring traditionally physical experiences to the virtual space.
We are proudly backed and supported by our lead investors at Khosla Ventures and, together, we look forward to changing the way people shop and design clothing globally.